This gluten-free Lime Drizzle and Coconut Polenta Cake has a tropical taste, thanks to the lovely lime and coconut combo. It’s so easy to make but looks like a real showstopper – my kind of cake! I love the delicious drizzle and the contrast between this tangy cake and the creamy coconut yogurt.
FOR THE CAKE
FOR THE DRIZZLE
· Preheat the oven to 190°C / 170°C fan / 375°F / gas mark 5.
· Cream the sugar and coconut oil in your food processor, then add the polenta, ground almonds, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix again. Break in the eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition. Finally, add the lime zest, lime juice and vanilla extract.
· Grease a 22cm cake tin and pour in the mixture. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake is golden on top and starting to shrink away from the sides. Try the knife test: if it pulls out clean, your cake is ready.
· In a small saucepan warm the drizzle ingredients together. Pour over the cake when it’s fresh out of the oven.
· Top with coconut flakes, coconut yogurt and slices of lime.