Hola, you beautiful brunch! I love Huevos Rancheros with Tomato Salsa for a weekend brunch with friends or a quick, simple dinner. With creamy avocado, warming spices and the most gorgeous golden yolks from the duck eggs, I think this Huevos Rancheros is a real treat.
Did you know that duck eggs have more protein than hens’? That means they keep you feeling fuller for longer and they’re amazing for your skin too. I love eggs and I eat them almost every day – it really shows in my complexion. And for me it has to be Clarence Court eggs, because the birds are cared for and their eggs taste absolutely delicious!
Ready in 30 minutes
Good For Brunch
2 tbsp olive oil
4 spring onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp oregano
400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 avocado, sliced
1 lime, juiced
250g cherry tomatoes, diced
½ red onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
4 corn tortillas
4 Clarence Court duck eggs
100g feta cheese, crumbled
1 red chilli, finely sliced
Sea salt and black pepper, to season
1. Heat the oven to 120ºC / 250ºF / gas 3.
2. Warm 1tbsp olive oil in a pan on a medium heat, add the spring onions and garlic and cook for a minute before adding the smoked paprika and oregano. Pour in the black beans, 100ml water and a big pinch of sea salt. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring well.
3. While this is cooking slice the avocado and squeeze over a ¼ of the lime – this stops it going brown.
4. Now make your salsa: mix the cherry tomatoes, red onion and coriander together with the rest of the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
5. Warm the tortillas in the oven.
6. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, then fry the duck eggs for 4 minutes until the white is set.
7. Load up your tortillas with the avocado slices, tomato salsa, beans, feta, fried duck eggs and fresh chilli.