These almond and black bean burgers are perfect for the BBQ. If your not a fan of your typical burger or want a change, these smoky bean burgers are so tasty and feel like the real deal.
This dish is packed with Vitamin E from the Almonds and carrot slaw, which is super good for you hair, skin & nails. Black beans are also amazing. They are loaded with protein and fibre, and have a great texture to them.
It’s such a versatile meal, which will be the envy at any summer party.
1. Place the spring onion and red pepper in the food processor and blend until chopped, add the smoked paprika, cumin, salt, almond, pumpkin seeds and pulse until texture is like bread crumbs. Place into a bowl.
2. Place the beans and olive oil in the food processor, pulse with a tbsp of water until smooth. Mix this into the nut and pepper mix.
3. Roll them into patties sand place in the fridge while you make the slaw.
4. Grate the carrots and mix with the yogurt, lime juice, tamari, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Throw over the zest of the lime and leave to the side.
5. Heat a pan to a medium heat, fry the burgers 8 minutes each side and serve with the slaw in cabbage wraps.
Images: Holly Clark Photography