I’m a mother, nutritional therapist and author who has been sharing recipes to help you get the glow back for the last 8 years...
Hello and Welcome back to #GYGB
I really hoped you enjoyed this episode.
Jess, a mum of two girls, mental health activist and motivational speaker who is also known as The Fat Funny One, is an amazing advocate for all things life, motherhood, cake & body confidence!
Today, we talked through believing in yourself, approaching your child after school, measuring your worth and why we need to stop these negative head talks.
Body confidence; Your own personal feelings about yourself and your own body
Body positivity: accepting everyones body and being inclusive in that!
– Having a child made Jess confident
– Letting go of because I thought my body wasn’t good enough, that I couldn’t be confident in other areas of my life (a job role.. etc)
– Practice self care
– Meditation; being in tune with her body
– Language; what words I am using in front of my children, or what words I am saying to myself
– Learn that bad thoughts and low confidence terms are only temporary
– A Bath
– Going to bed earlier
– Reading; absorbing positive words and stories
– Jess’s favourite, energy goes where the affirmation …
– Looking at the good things your body has done!
– Look at your capabilities
– Don’t always think about the physical –
– ‘I’m a good friend, I’m a good mum, …etc”
– I felt better about my body, once I feel good about me.
– As long as your confident and feel good on the day
– Remember, you’ll look back on photos and only remember the way you felt, not the way you looked
– Do it for you, not for anyone else
– Do a detox for a while
– Remove people that don’t make you feel good
– Mute people – to make things less uncomfortable
– We control what we see and absorb
– Shut your phone down earlier at night
JESS ‘S INSTAGRAM
Thank you so much Jess and thank you so much to you for listening – please rate and review so we can help more mums get the glow. Tag me on Instagram @madeleine_shaw_
Lastly, thank you so much to Natracare for sponsoring and supporting this podcast. If you want to try their amazing products out, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the code ‘PLASTICFREE’ and your address to receive a free sample!
Lots of love,