- Peel and chop up the carrots and sweet potato into even bite size chunks. Rub them in 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil, the garlic and a grind of salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a large pan on a medium heat for 1 minute, add the chopped onions and sauté with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes.
- Throw in the sweet potato and carrots and sauté for 3 minutes constantly stirring so that nothing burns.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the contents of the pan with a hand blender and serve with the flaked almonds and pomegranate seeds.