- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 350ºF / gas 4.
- Rub the beetroot chunks in 1 tbsp olive oil, season generously with sea salt and pepper, then roast in the oven for 45 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a splash of olive oil in a pan and gently sautée the shallots until golden – about 7 mins should do nicely.
- Then add the lentils, salt, pepper and garlic, stir for 30 seconds then cover with 1cm cold water. Bring to the boil then let it simmer for 15-20 mins until cooked through.
- Five minutes before you pull your roast beetroot out of the oven, it’s time to toast your pecans. Super simple: just scatter them on a baking sheet. In five minutes, they’ll be deliciously aromatic.
- While that’s all cooking away, mix the dressing ingredients together in a little jug.
- When your lentils and beetroot are cooked through, stir in the dressing then top each plate with the feta, figs and freshly-toasted pecans. Yum!