- Wash the quinoa is a fine sieve and place it in a pot with the stock, a pinch of salt and some ground black pepper. Turn up the heat to it comes to a boil then turn it down to a simmer and let this cook for 12 minutes.
- While this is cooking heat the coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat, chop up the onion finely and sautee with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes. Throw in the garlic for the last minute being careful not to burn it.
- Poor the onion mix into the quinoa and stir.
- Wash the butter beans in a sieve and add into the quinoa with the spinach and a few tbsp of water. Cook for 10 minutes adding more water if needed so not to burn the bottom.
- Zest the lemon, finely chop the mint and throw these both plus the chilli flakes over the top and stir, then take it off the heat and serve.
- Squeeze over the fresh lemon juice to serve and drizzle over some olive oil.
Images: Holly Clark Photography