Preheat the oven to 150°C
To make the filling:
- Zest one orange and juice all three.
- Place all the ingredients into a pot and place on a low heat for 30 minutes.
To make the pastry:
- Place the flour, ground almonds and salt into the food processor and blend.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (apart from the water) then slowly add the water so the pastry forms together.
- Grease 10-12 cupcake tins with butter or coconut oil and push the pastry mix into the bottom of the tins with your thumbs until it fills the sides (about 1/2 cm thick).
- Then place 1 tbsp of the mince mixture into each shell. Repeat this for all.
- With the rest of the pastry, roll it out between two baking paper sheets and cut out circular shapes to place on top of the mince meat.
- Sprinkle over some coconut sugar to give it a nice sweet top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until crisp.
Images: Holly Clark Photography