1. To begin, finely chop your onion and add to a frying pan with the olive oil
2. while the onion browns for around 5 minutes, chop the carrot and courgette into quarters and then 1cm thick slices
3. add the oregano, paprika and garlic to the onion and stir
4. then, add in the lentils, carrot and courgette and stir for 30 seconds
5. pour in the water and tomato passata
6. Simmer for 35 minutes
7. Once ready add in the balsamic vinegar and season to taste
Serve with whichever toppings you want. Enjoy!