To make the filling you will need 750g of cooked pumpkin, so you will need to either roast inch chunks it in coconut oil at 200C for 30 minutes until cooked through or steam/boil inch chunks for 20 minutes until cooked through. The difference? Roasting creates a slightly more caramel texture, whereas steaming is quicker. Make sure you cut off the skin.
You can also buy it in cans, I have seen it in Wholefoods.
To make the pie…
- Turn your oven to 160 C (fan).
- To make the crust firstly combine the nuts in a food processor for a minute. Pour in the rest of the crust ingredients and process until fully combined.
- Press the crust mix into a coconut oil greased 20cm pie dish and pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take the cooked pumpkin and combine with the rest of the filling ingredients in a food processor. Pour the mix into the pie crust and cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Dust with cinnamon and enjoy.