I only ever buy whole milk yogurt because:
- Our bodies cannot digest and break down the protein or absorb nutrients from yogurt without the fat.
- Essential vitamins A and D are also fat-soluble. So you can’t absorb them from milk when all the fat has been removed.
- Our body is designed to eat whole foods, foods that haven’t been processed. Nutrients in whole foods have natural synergy with one another, so they are most beneficial when taken together. When you remove part of the milk/yogurt the nutritional profile is out of whack, so you discard all the wonderful nutritional benefits.
Tip: You can make these the night before if you don’t have time in the morning and have them as an afternoon snack also.
(please use organic when possible) – makes 14 squares
- 2 bananas
- 300g of ground almonds
- 100g of butter
- 4 tbsp of yogurt, (cow, sheep or coconut)
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- Set oven to 180°C.
- In a food processor blend the ground almonds, 1 banana (just the fruit) butter, yogurt, eggs and honey.
- Slice the other banana into slithers.
- Grease a baking tray with coconut oil and evenly place the cake mixture.
- Place the sliced banana on top, creating whatever pattern you desire
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
Serve with some more delicious yogurt or fresh cream.
Please let me know how you get on with these, comment, Facebook, tweet or Instagram me with your recreations!!!! happy cooking xxx