These bites are fresh and very much a perfect treat post workout or 4pm snack.
They are free from nuts, which is great for those who want to go nut free.
I love the mix of orange and apricot to give this a fresh vibrant taste. Did you know… desiccated coconut may make us smarter?
The copper in desiccated coconut also maintains the health of your brain, it activates enzymes responsible for the production of neurotransmitters (these are chemicals your brain cells use to relay information).
Pretty amazing! So whilst you munch on these beauties you can feel great about what is going on up there too.
The healthy fat found in desiccated coconut also keeps you full and helps make your skin glow!
- 150g of dried apricots (try and get ones that are sulphate free)
- 100g of desiccated coconut
- 30g of coconut oil
- 1 orange
- Zest the orange.
- Place the zest and all the rest of the ingredients into a food processor. Blend until everything is mixed together.
- Flatten out the mixture with a spatular into a small roasting tray, allowing the mix to be about 1cm high.
- Place in the freezer for 1/2 an hour.
- Use a sharp knife and cut the bars into 2cm by 4 cm rectangles.
- Place in the fridge and enjoy.
Images by hollyclarkphotography