Chicken breast is a staple for most healthy eaters, it’s quick, simple and tasty.
However, it can sometimes be dry. Now this is down to a lack of moisture, oil and spices in the meat. This recipe packs in tonnes of flavour with fresh herb yoghurt and a warm crunchy salad to go with it!
The chicken has been marinated in smoked paprika and coconut oil to give it a nice smoky taste and a bit of a bite.
Marinating the chicken in advance adds to the flavour, but if you’re short of time then don’t worry- it will still taste delicious!
- 2 free range chicken breasts
- 2 tsps of smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil (or butter or olive oil)
- 1 fennel
- 1 bunch of chard
- 100g of natural whole milk yoghurt (or greek, goat or coconut)
- 1 lime
- 3 tbsp of chopped chives
- salt and pepper
- First, marinate the chicken in the paprika and 1 tbsp of oil. Give the breast a good rub with the oils and spice. Then season with salt and pepper and leave to the side.
- Heat up a pan to a medium-high heat and throw the breast on top to cook for 15-20 minutes, rotating every few minutes until the breast is cooked through and nicely seared.
- While this is sizzling, mix the yogurt with the chopped chives, lime juice and zest and a grind of salt and pepper. Place this mix to one side.
- In another pan, heat the other tbsp of oil on a medium heat. Finely cut the chard into cm strips and shave the fennel into 1/2cm strips. Whack them in the pan with some salt and pepper and stir and let this cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve all together!
This dish will keep 1-2 days in the fridge.