Healing Foods for your Digestive System
Years ago, I was diagnosed with IBS and, after a fair battle back and forth, I was further diagnosed with a leaky gut and was finally able to reveal a little more about what was going on.
I know its not a sexy subject to talk about in the slightest but if you get bloating, IBS or digestive discomfort then you know how much pain your gut can cause.
These foods are super awesome at helping heal the digestive system:
First rule of thumb is to cook your veggies:
Try not to eat too much raw ones. As they are quite vicious on the digestive track. When you roast, steam, sautee or grill it helps your body to break the veggie down a little bit easier so that it can be absorbed properly.
- These are rich in fibre, potassium and magnesium which help to remove waste from the body.
- Beetroots taste great roasted then dolloped with yogurt and orange zest.
- Loaded with beta-carotene, iron and calcium these babies help maintain the health of the digestive tract lining and help in smooth movement of the muscle fiber.
- Sautee these in some coconut oil and ginger.
- These are the best veggies for digestive problems amazing at healing ulcers. They contains lots of goodness giving you a good daily dosage of manganese.
- Make a sweet potato soup or some roasted sweet potatoes.