GET YOUR GLOW BACK – WITH ANNA MATHUR – EPISODE 14
Hello and welcome back to #GYGB
Myself and the amazing Anna, talked through her rollercoaster experience with anxiety and managing it as a mum, post-natal depression, dealing with resentment and so much more.
Psychotherapist, writer, speaker and founder of her own Instagram community in which she shares an honest, enlightening insight into motherhood day-by-day. Anna shares her very raw experiences and sheds light on how she keeps her glow despite it.
Tips for reducing & managing anxiety
– Look at what’s going on in our life that is stopping us being able to meet our needs
– Look at how you are actually feeling and attend to it – you need, you time
– Don’t be afraid to ask for help
* Seek help when it’s getting in the way of your life and things you would be able to normally do.
Go to a GP and they can refer you onwards *
– Recognise what’s going on – “I’m making up a story”
– Remind yourself this isn’t a FACT
– Say goodbye to the thoughts, shut the door, take a stand
– THE MOP MAN THEORY!!
Dealing with Post-Natal depression
– Pushing and risking through vulnerability – when you feel vulnerable, push through and tell someone about it
– The thoughts in your head – think about these and start to alter and control them
– If the thoughts aren’t good enough for someone you love, they’re not good enough for you
– Try and keep routine – a routine that make you feel good
If you’re the same as me and felt an instant connection with Anna, then you really need more of her in your life. Her community is a support group for so many and she is doing great things.
Where you can find Anna:
Lastly, thank you so much to Natracare for sponsoring and supporting this podcast. If you want to try their amazing products out, email email@example.com with the code ‘PLASTICFREE’ and your address to receive a free sample!
Show us you’re listening using #GYGB and tag me @madeleine_shaw_
Lots of love,